EASY PEASY SALSA | the easiest potluck dish
TOP 3 REASONS THIS DISH IS THE BOSS
1. This is one of my favourite dishes to make for pot luck because it requires NO COOKING and is really easy to make.
2. Also because it doesn't require any meat, it's really hard to screw it up.
3. On top of that you can make it any time of the day or even the day before and just put it in the container you're bringing to the party and chuck it in the fridge.
To top off the dish I just bring some taco chips or the taco shells (and heat them in the host's oven)...or taco chips if you're extra lazy although I would go with something not flavoured, like a plain taco chip so that it complements well with your salsa.
PS. It's vegan and oil free. So very healthy if you've got guests with dietary restrictions. Plus, with all the feasting, we always need a good cleansing dish that is delicious and healing.
I N G R E D I E N T S :
- peppers (red or orange)
- salt and pepper
- dill weed or parsley flakes (optional)
I N S T R U C T I O N S :
- basically just chop everything up into a fine dice (as chunky or as small as you like it) and then mix it up and season to taste
T H E S A U C E
But if you want to be a little bit more fancy, I made a sauce out of the tomatoes, passionfruit and a little bit of cilantro and grounded in some sea salt and blended the whole mix into a sauce. It's a step you can skip but I just want to be a little fancy and get that yummy juice into every nook and cranny of the salsa.